Thank you for visiting our past auction result archives. If you have an item identical (or similar) to this auction lot, please call, write or contact us to discuss. We will be able to help you.

Lot # 1146 (of 1411)   < Previous Lot | Next Lot >

Jim Taylor's 1962 Green Bay Packers World Championship Team-Signed Football

Starting Bid - $1,000.00, Sold For - $2,320.00

Wilson Official NFL Football, "The Duke," signed in either blue or black ink by forty members of the 1962 World Champion Green Bay Packers. In addition to being an exceptionally rare and significant team-signed football including all of the most significant signatures from that championship season, this ball also comes with the extraordinary provenance of originating directly from the personal collection of the Packer's running back Jim Taylor. The ball is specially stamped "Green Bay Packers - World Champions" and is signed on three panels by the following players: Lombardi, Taylor, Nitschke, Starr, Gregg, J. Kramer, Dowler, Wood, Jordan, Pitts, Davis, McGee, Ringo, Adderly, Bengston, Hecker, Cochran, Fears, Austin, Iman, Masters, Gros, Gassert, Moore, R. Kramer, Symank, Carpenter, Gremminger, Toburen, Skoronski, Roach, Barnes, Kostelnick, Currie, Quinlan, Williams, Blaine, Whittenton, Hanner and two others (illegible). Approximately 80% of the signatures grade "8" to "10," with the remaining 20% in lesser grades. Jim Taylor rushed for a league-leading 1,474 yards (in fourteen games) and nineteen touchdowns in 1962, helping to lead Green Bay to a 13-1 regular season record. The Packers then capped their season with a 16-7 victory over the New York Giants in the NFL Championship Game, thus giving Lombardi his second consecutive World Championship. The football is accompanied by a color copy of a photograph picturing Taylor holding this very ball. The ball has a few slight surface abrasions and/or scratches which do not significantly detract from the ball's overall strong Excellent appearance. LOAs from James Spence/JSA and Steve Grad, Mike Gutierrez & Zach Rullo/PSA DNA. Reserve $1,000. Estimate $2,000/$3,000. SOLD FOR $2,320.00


(Click the smaller thumbnails to the left and right (if any) to cycle through each photo in the gallery of images for this lot.)